Ability to speak, read, understand and communicate in the Portuguese language
Job no: 506315
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Fine Arts Humanities & Social Sciences
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience/grade and grant
Applications Open: September 23 2020
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position
The Greater Boston Portuguese-American Digital Archives (PADA) is an initiative of the Saab Center in collaboration with the University of Massachusetts Lowell Library System. Among the major goals of PADA is to establish a highly visible, public, and user-friendly repository of cultural heritage materials related to Portuguese Americans in the Greater Boston Area. To achieve this and other related goals, the PADA Archivist will be part of an academic interdisciplinary team at UMass Lowell that will create a sustainable, open-sourced, and inviting digital archive for disseminating and learning about, as well as celebrating, the history and heritage of Portuguese-Americans in New England.
Minimum Qualifications (Required)
- Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- One to three years of experience working with archive collections
- Ability to speak, read, understand, and communicate in the Portuguese language
- Ability to work effectively in a collegial setting
- Demonstrated ability to write effective reports or proposals
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of the application of new technologies and services to academic libraries
- Highly service-oriented
- Familiarity with the DACS and Dublin Core metadata standards
- Concentration in Archives or Digital Stewardship
- Experience working with Portuguese-American communities
Special Instructions to Applicants
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Please include a CV and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Aceda a informação adicional, em linha, em: https://bit.ly/2S0368K .