Microsoft - Executive Recruiter
[Fluent English is essential, Spanish and/ or Portuguese is advantageous]
If you are an experienced professional in the executive talent acquisition arena, this is your chance to make a significant impact on the future of Microsoft and to help us deliver our mission: to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
The Latin America region is complex, and one of the most rewarding areas to work in. It provides an exciting platform to attract, assess and secure talent from all industries. The talent you will work with will surprise you every day (in an amazing); will inspire you and will challenge your ability to be successful across many different cultures. You will never have two days alike! So, if you have the innovation, collaboration and deep passion that you would expect to find in Microsoft, then you have this wonderful opportunity to experience the uniqueness of this region too. This is a great opportunity to accelerate your career in Executive Talent Acquisition and indeed, in Microsoft.
You will be an Executive Recruiter, and a senior member of the Global Executive Talent Acquisition Team. This region will enable and drive our focus for senior critical roles and deepen our knowledge of the competitive landscape for the best talent in the market. You will be a well-connected individual who can drive and own the recruiting efforts of senior level talent for Microsoft with predominantly external candidates. This position encompasses all stages of the hiring process - from partnering with Business stakeholders, other Talent Acquisition professionals and HR Senior Managers on succession planning, position strategy and candidate requirements, developing sourcing strategies to target and assess top executive talent, negotiating/ closing offers and handing over all relevant materials for a successful on-boarding. This role will also be accountable for driving and maintaining a competitor strategy for Talent Acquisition for roles at this level, ensuring we identify and target top talent from Cloud and Mobile businesses for extraction and hiring.
Primary responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Partnering with executives and Talent Acquisition Leads to determine the current and future executive Talent Acquisition needs, which will include hiring and pipelining directly for critical Executive hires
- Maintaining and executing against a rolling twelve to eighteen month hiring plan and succession planning for Executive roles
- Being the gatekeeper for quality of external succession plans
- Supervising the work of two vendor employees
- Building and maintaining (custodian and owner for) our competitive strategy for talent – who, what, where and when
- Working closely with our Exec Recruiting Sourcing team and other Sourcers to map target organizations, organizational structure and the top targeted talent within those structures
- Providing regular updates on progress as required by the GETA Exec Recruiting Director and as required by our business for succession planning
- To develop and maintain relationships/ partnership within your own Global Executive Talent Acquisition team and with the regional hiring teams
- Developing and executing on candidate generation strategies and building a pipeline of executive talent, including direct sourcing candidates
- To build and maintain competitor knowledge information and data that will provide MS talent Acquisition strategies with a competitive advantage this will include:
- Movers and shakers in our competitors, new appointments – keeping track of top talent in these organizations
- Challenging our status quo for hiring the norm – we want the best potential, not just oven-ready talent, regardless of background
- Qualifying/screening and interviewing prospective candidates
- Performing in-depth research, industry calibration and keeping this information up to date, and reference checking
- Proposing, articulating and negotiating offers (compensation, benefits, relocation, etc.)
- Communicating and collaborating with business partners and stakeholders across the company
Other responsibilities include:
- Establishing, cultivating and maintaining solid working relationships with executive management, hiring managers, external relationships & any other internal recruiting partners as determined by the GETA Exec Recruiting Director
- Maintaining in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of top executives, companies, and competitive industries
- Upholding strict confidentiality about available positions and other sensitive information
- Helping to create a strong and robust Global Executive Talent Acquisition organization
- You may occasionally be tasked with working on global projects on a capacity and business basis
- 10+ years of experience in technical talent acquisition (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
- 3+ years of experience recruiting at the executive level, preferably in the commercial sector or tech industry
- Experience recruiting in the Latin American region
Talent specific Requirements:
- Ideally you will be a graduate in a related business management, technology or field however if you have comparable workplace experience you are also welcome to apply
- Strong passion for Technology – likely a bit of a geek!
- Strong market knowledge of our competitive landscape for talent across the region
- Fluent English is essential, Spanish and/ or Portuguese is advantageous
- Proven success in strong relationship management with senior hiring managers and talented professionals
- Understanding of executive compensation, compensation issues and the ability to analyze compensation packages
- Strong process management (systems management), interpersonal, organizational, written, negotiation and presentation skills
- A working knowledge of the O365 and other Microsoft productivity tools.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.